Bicycles may only be transported if there is sufficient space on the platform, giving priority to the transport of persons, wheelchairs, pushchairs, etc.
Rules for bicycles on board
The following limitations always apply
Bicycle transport is authorised on all routes from Monday to Friday, from 08.00 to 16.00 and from 19.00 to 06.00. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays without time restrictions.
LINES 1 / 7 / 311 / 312 / 314 / 315 /316 / 620
LINES 3 / 4
Transport may be denied in the following cases:
- A high turnout is expected due to rush hour
- Presence of announced groups on the ride even if they are scheduled to stop later than the requested bicycle boarding time
- The bicycles are too dirty and may cause excessive soiling of passengers and vehicle
- The final decision on this is at the discretion of the driver. Please contact the individual company for further information
Recognised transport tickets
- Half-fare route ticket, 2nd class (recommended for short distances)
- Day or multi-day bike card (recommended for long distances)
- Bike pass (recommended for regular cycling trips)
Failure to purchase a bicycle pass is subject to payment of a surcharge of CHF 75.- plus administration costs.
FART accepts no liability for damage caused to third parties or to the bicycles.